Bitdefender is an industry-leading anti-virus software that protects business data from cyberattacks. In this article, you will find out how to download and install Bitdefender anti-virus on a Windows computer. However, if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, we can install it for you.
How to install Bitdefender on Windows PC
Ensure that your PC meets the system requirements for running Bitdefender and that you have a valid subscription. You can find your active subscriptions in the ‘My Subscriptions’ section of Central. If you would like to purchase a new subscription, contact us today.
- On the PC you want to install Bitdefender on, sign in to Bitdefender central.
- Select the My Devices panel.
- In the My Devices window, click + Install Bitdefender products on your devices.
- Then, a new window will pop up. Choose Security, then click This Device to download Bitdefender on your computer.
- Wait for the download to complete, then double click the Bitdefender file you have just downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install. (Please, note that downloading the installation file can take a long time, especially over a slower internet connection).
- Select the Language you want to install on the product.
- Click Install to confirm your preferences and begin the installation. Then, wait for the installation to complete.
- Click Start Device Assessment to initiate a scan of critical system areas. Once it completes the scan, click Open Bitdefender Interface. (If you do not wish to perform the scan, click skip.
- In the ‘Getting Started’ window, you can see details about your active subscription. Lastly, click Finish to access the Bitdefender interface.
For more information on Bitdefender anti-virus software, click here. Northstar can provide and manage your anti-virus software so that your company data is protected and monitored. We can also help you install Bitdefender on Windows PCs or any other operating system.