Work for Northstar...
Find your next career step at Northstar in our new Technical Services Engineer role.
Press the apply now button and send your CV to get started...
Job Role: Technical Services Engineer
Location: Based in Clevedon, near Bristol
Salary: £23,000* + Bonus + Benefits
Excellent opportunity to work with a managed service provider supporting clients with new and exciting technologies around the South West and across the UK.
*Based on experience.
You will demonstrate a passion for the highest levels of customer service, using your IT skills to care for the customer from their first question through to resolving their ticket or completing their project. You will deal efficiently with customers, suppliers and colleagues to ensure projects, troubleshooting, service and support are available and communicated at every stage. You will work with a tight-knit team assisting with a speedy, cheerful, and helpful attitude on a busy helpdesk.
For over two decades, Northstar has provided cutting edge IT support, sales and services to businesses around the South West and throughout the UK. We utilise an industry-leading helpdesk in addition to working with some of the biggest suppliers of hardware, software and security solutions. As a Microsoft Partner as well as being ISO 9001 (Quality), 14001 (Environmental) and 27001 (Security) accredited, we are a trusted name, supporting businesses with cloud-based and on-site services at an ever-increasing rate.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with IT services. The candidate should be customer-service driven and demonstrate a positive, friendly, and professional manner, remain calm under pressure. They should prioritise workloads and multi-task both when working in the office and when on-site with customers. An excellent phone manner and written English skills are required. A full UK driving license is required.
The following skills are preferred but not mandatory because, for candidates who lean fast and have excellent customer service skills, Northstar will provide full training in the following skills:
- Building from scratch and maintaining Windows and Linux servers/virtual machines
- Using an iLO, iDRAC or equivalent to build and configure physical servers
- Installing and maintaining a VMware environment or equivalent
- Creating and administering e-mail, OneDrive, and SharePoint services via Microsoft 365
- Configuring and maintaining Backup and Recovery technologies
- Setting up a switch in a VLAN
- Configuring routers with a range of public IP addresses
- Creating, modifying and testing a firewall rule
- Configuring an IP telephony endpoint to connect to hosted telephony systems
- Configuring Azure servers with remotely accessible file shares
To apply for the role of Technical Services Engineer, please forward your CV confirming your availability and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Summary of Job: Technical Services Engineer for growing business providing fully managed IT support services – Clevedon – near Bristol – Salary £23,000* + Bonus + Benefits.